PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for female dane names

VotedBESTDressed
09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Greetings to everyone, im new around here and needed some advice on names. In about 2 weeks, I will be a proud owner of a new female harlequin dane which I am very excited about. I was just wondering if anyone could help me find a name. So far I've come up with: Ice, Princess, Sugar, CiCi, and Katy......thanks to all!!!!

zensgirl
09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
My little girl is named Ariel. We have 3 kids ages 7, 5 , and 2 so we are kind of fond of Disney names.

kenkell11
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Morgan, Josey, Cassi, Tilly....

danedreambeliever
09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
I always liked "human" names for my animals.. lol my mom always made fun of me for it, with her opinion that names like "cuddles", "snuggles", and "cozy" are best suited for dogs :)

haha then again i did name my daughter like a hippie would..

roketyjr
09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
My girls names are Emmy, blue 8 month old & Abby, black 3 month old. My daughter always said if we had a Harl to name her Jersey for the whole "cow" thing.

VotedBESTDressed
09-23-2008, 07:08 PM
My girls names are Emmy, blue 8 month old & Abby, black 3 month old. My daughter always said if we had a Harl to name her Jersey for the whole "cow" thing.

Lol @ Jersey, I like that name, and its ironic that there is a breed of cow named a jersey...ill add that one to the list! I like all the names given so far...keep em coming, thanks!!!!

Mommy to Zeus
09-23-2008, 07:23 PM
What color is she? And does she already have a registered name from the breeder?

luvmygurl
09-23-2008, 08:07 PM
For our girl, no one could agree on most names so she ended up being Mags or Maggie short for Magdalena (for when she needs a stern voice!).
Appaloosa's are spotted occasionally black and white. You could call her Appaloosa with Loosy for short. I always liked that Emma for some reason. Not terribly regal like "Grace" would be but sweet. For royalty there's:Tsarina/Czarina/Tsarista = wife of Russian Tsar/Czar
Marquess = female of "Marquis"
Herzogin = German duchess
Now there's some regal names!

elisapierce
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
AWWW I want a female harliqn.. I have boys! but hopefuul someday I will have my girl.. When I do get my girl I want to name her Feona.. "FE FE" for short, I also thought of Lucy as well or Hazel too.. best of luck with her! Post a pic when you get her!

Elisa

ownedby3danes
09-23-2008, 09:11 PM
We have boys, but I like the following names :

Paisley
Ginger
Roxy
Burghey
Lexi

DANEger
09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Lol...Fiona was one of our choices for Cleo. She's a harl too

She came to us as a rescue as Kirby which I didn't mind, but hubby hated, so we ended up w/Cleo. We tossed around Fiona, Gretta, and Grace.

Girl names are harder in my opinion. I like Norma (cuz they become eNormous at least to others!), Henrietta (Henri for short). I really like Paisley too (especially if she has a marking that resembles one).

Good luck w/deciding and CONGRATS!

humbug
09-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Melody?? Oh....how about June?? lol

markstd
09-23-2008, 10:21 PM
My boy is called Zack. For a girl I like Zara or Paris.
Best wishes!

lene1949
09-23-2008, 11:44 PM
If I were to get a female dane, her name would be Chloe.

JuJeeMD
09-24-2008, 06:12 AM
I love this website for names...a lot of very unique ones, and you can choose a "theme" and whatnot. Just a warning though, there are a million names and you may be stuck on there for hours!

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names.htm

VotedBESTDressed
09-24-2008, 07:45 AM
I love this website for names...a lot of very unique ones, and you can choose a "theme" and whatnot. Just a warning though, there are a million names and you may be stuck on there for hours!

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names.htm

Wow, that website is great! A lot of great ideas, I think im finally finalizing the name...thanks to all who participated in this survey...lol

Amiabull
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
My female harlequins name was River. I also think Bessie would be fitting, with the cow theme!

alliegirl
09-24-2008, 04:13 PM
we have a 2.5 yr. old girl and her name is Allie. :)

Rootlis
09-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry if this is a duplicate - I haven't posted in a while & seem to be having some trouble with it.

I think Maida was a famous dane, but I can't remeber details. Believe Alexander Pope's dane was named Bounce & was credited with driving off a burglar or somehow saving the poet's life

Best of luck with your girl
Lisa

Woods
09-25-2008, 05:09 AM
Elsa
Elsie
Piper

michigangreatdanes
09-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Our female's name is Fiona (Princess Fiona) from Shrek. We have this weird thing about nameing our animals from movies.

When we had our liters some of there names were Cinderella, Tootsie Roll, Dory (from finding Nemo), Sweet Pea, Ollie (from Popeye), Miss Piggy (she ate alot), and Rosie.

Some of the names my babies went to of course changed there names. They chose Jewel, Cali, Dora, and Holly

You'll know when you get her - what fits her best.

Have fun!

raynefalls
09-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Solara
Widget
Or just call her Trouble. lmao After all we have one named Damage! roflmao

Mjwill
09-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Greetings to everyone, im new around here and needed some advice on names. In about 2 weeks, I will be a proud owner of a new female harlequin dane which I am very excited about. I was just wondering if anyone could help me find a name. So far I've come up with: Ice, Princess, Sugar, CiCi, and Katy......thanks to all!!!!

Karma, Pandora, Akira, Cinder, Aries, Zoe, Evey.. I've been thinking too:)

kenkell11
09-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm supposed to be writing a paper, (doing some serious procrastinating).

Cara, Leela, A'Leigha, Maggie, Wilma, Rumor, Kate, Tori, Olivia, Emma

DANEger
09-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Any decisions yet?

LoMax
09-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm late on this post, but I named Desdemona (Desi) from Othello by Shakespeare. Little did I know it meant wretchedness until months later, but I still love her name and it fits. I thought if I ever got a male fawn dane, my dream, I would name him Goose or Gideon, but now I have Murray (named for where he was born). Sometimes the name comes when you see that sweet little face.

Lori

VotedBESTDressed
09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
After all the great suggestions that everyone has given me, I've finally decided to name her Jordan! I'll be getting her in 13 days, very excited! I'll make sure I post pics soon as I get her!

King's Mama
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I've always wanted a female Harlequin to name her Cookie. Like cookies & cream because the black and white. lol.

Graysonboy
09-29-2008, 02:41 PM
I always liked the name Quincy for a dane boy or girl. I have a boy and his name is Grayson. My friend has a female named Bella. I have 3 other females named Sammy, Sophie and Savannah. I love picking out the right name for a new baby.

Lexismommy
09-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Jordan is a cute name! I like it!

Our fawn girl is named Lexi. It came to me the instant I met her for the first time. :)

Melissa
Lexi ~ 4 1/2mo old Fawn