PDA

View Full Version : Twitching legs at night!!

DaisyDuke
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Both my girls sleep with me and their legs twitch and shake several times a night. So much it wakes me up, they are 16mth old. Is this normal? I did not see it addressed but if it is could you point me to it, thanks!

Tylerthegiant
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Apollo and JJ both do this really bad, ALL NIGHT LONG. JJ is especially bad but I'm not sure if she seems worse because she just because she is bigger and shakes the whole bed, or if it's because her legs are longer and she has more to twitch or what. I think they are just dreaming. Sometimes JJ runs, barks, wags her tail, growls. She has a very active dream life. Yeah, I hate it.

melbaby80
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Madison does the same thing. Its like she is running in her sleep. She does it all night long and hits my closet door. I wake up to move her and she makes her way back. Its annoying just how active she is sleeping.

MonaLisa
03-19-2012, 11:53 PM
We always wondered why Gandalf was so lazy all the time, then we realized he tires himself out in his sleep! roflmao He is a serious dreamer, so much so that we had to move him out of our bedroom because he kept us awake at night. He didn't mind it too much, probably because now WE can't bother HIM while HE is sleeping! roflmao

Mommy to Zeus
03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
They do it when they dream. I give Levi a run for his money though as I have Restless Leg Syndrome with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. My poor, poor husband. dance2

Tucker's Mom
03-20-2012, 06:31 AM
We woke up a few weeks ago because Tucker jumped up and barked in his sleep..scared us half to death! He had the most embarassed look on his face though, that we just had to laugh!

Angel7292
03-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Phineas twitches, jerks and rocks the whole bed at night. He is a VERY active dreamer. He gets all 4 legs going, plus he barks, growls and wags his tail. LOL

I have a video on my cell phone on how hard he runs all 4 legs at night, will try and upload it to youtube later. His ranges from minor twitching to full on 4 legged running while laying on his side.

gr8danlvr1
03-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Venus runs pretty hard in her sleep too! I could never sleep w/ my dogs, between Angel poking me in the back w/ her paws, Lestat having to lay right next to me and Venus running a marathon when she sleeps I'd get no sleep at all. Not to mention my allergies get far worse when there is dog dander in my bed.

Tylerthegiant
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM
They do it when they dream. I give Levi a run for his money though as I have Restless Leg Syndrome with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. My poor, poor husband. dance2

I have RLS too, isn't it the worst?! That is why it's so hard to sleep with JJ, she takes up the amount of room as a grown adult and then you have me and DH in the bed and when I get RLS I need to move, and I can't. butthead1 I keep trying to move JJ to the spot at the end of the bed and she keeps crawling back on me during the night. DH wants me to put her in her crate at night but she is the only dog that really dislikes the crate so I feel bad.

andipanda 1
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Briar has great puppy dreams. she wags her tail so hard in her sleep that the pounding of it wakes me up. I am always so happy to see that she is a happy girlie in her dreams too !!!

Andi

danemommd
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
My bitch Daphne runs in her sleep.
I can't remember if this video was posted here or not in the past, but here's an example of a dog with severe running in sleep :)
http://youtu.be/z2BgjH_CtIA

RustyNail
03-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Both of mine get the leg shakes every day. I believe they are dreaming. The other day I awoke from a bad dream to a yelp. I had kicked one of the dogs as i "broke" my dream with a kick. I have actually been kicked by the dogs a few times as well.roflmao

AwesomeDanes
03-20-2012, 06:45 PM
At First He Scared me:eek: then I thought Funnyroflmao
Now,I want to get Back to Sleep !He Loves to Dance At
Night! Along with Singing, He has a Little Tune !
Kick then Hum, Kick then Hum! Kick then Hum
He sounds like he Fussingroflmao

Thoenix
03-20-2012, 07:12 PM
Cas talks in his sleep. He barks and boofs and whines. On one VERY memorable occasion, he scared us to death. We were all asleep. He was young enough he still had a crate divider panel in his crate and we awoke to the most god-awful SCREAM. We all ran out to the living room, to his crate, expecting that we had forgotten to take off his collar the night before and he had just hung himself or some other horrific accident. Instead, we uncovered the crate to find Cas, sound asleep, howling. Well, thinking he was unconscious or something, and still screaming, I dove into the crate and he woke up, all confused as to why we were clearly terrified and surrounding him. His howl is TERRIFYING and we had never heard him howl before. It doesn't sound like a regular dog's howl at all. He makes the same motion but what comes out of his mouth is the most horrifying scream I have ever heard.

Ikenrydem
03-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Kimba sometimes twitches, whimpers, runs, and other goofiness in his sleep. I have often tapped him to snap him out of it and then I quote the Three Stooges (Moe): "Wake up and go to sleep."

melbaby80
03-20-2012, 08:41 PM
roflmao how the heck do they have energy!? zoomies during the day and night!! Right now madison is sleeping behind my chair as quiet as can be, as soon as she's on her bed its dream central popcorn